NOTE: Glimpse docs are currently being improved. If you'd like to help out, just edit this page or contribute to our GitHub Wiki
Debugging With Symbolsource
SymbolSource is a service which exposes PDB symbols so you can step through Glimpse code while debugging your application. There are a few things to configure before we can begin, see symbolsource.org for more information.
Within Visual Studio:
- Go to Tools -> Options -> Debugger -> General
- Uncheck “Enable Just My Code (Managed only)”
- Uncheck “Enable .NET Framework source stepping”
- Check “Enable source server support”
- Uncheck “Require source files to exactly match the original version”
- Go to Tools -> Options -> Debugger -> Symbols
- Select a folder for the local symbol/source cache
- Add symbol servers under “Symbol file (.pdb) locations”
- To speed up startup of the debug session, you can specify only the Glimpse dlls to be loaded. Go to Tools -> Options -> Debugger -> Symbols, select "Only specified modules" and enter
Now you can step into Glimpse code while debugging.